Saturday, October 10, 2009

Google Earth Tour

This is my virtual tour of Meissen, Germany




The three virtual tours I watched were Kaylee's which was about natural disasters, Aubrianne's which was on Italy, and Victoria's which was on important battles of the Civil war. I think that implementing virtual tours in elementary classrooms would be an excellent idea. it is an interesting way to learn about different places around the world in great detail and in a way that can give each student the freedom to explore. I also think that it is an excellent idea because it gives the children an opportunity to act as "tour guides" for their friends and family because they can show them the tour and involve them in their learning. The only negative I can imagine would be that making the tours involves a lot of coding which could get long and tedious, so I don't know if I would want to make a virtual tour every week because it could be time consuming.

2 comments:

  1. I thought that your tour was really creative. I would have never thought to compare Provo to anywhere in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you came up with a really good idea for a tour, and had really good activities for the students to do to get them thinking.

    ReplyDelete